In the category of car seats 4-12 years we have included practically 3 types of car seats:
- Car seat with integrated belts
This category includes models that are theoretically approved for the 9-36 kg group, but can be used safely and comfortably after the child passes the stage in which it is recommended to carry with his back to the direction of travel, ie after the age of 4 years.
There are situations in which for practical reasons, budget or simply because the parent has so accustomed the little one, he no longer agrees to sit with his back to the direction of travel and then the parent opts for a faster transition to this group of chairs car (2-3 years).
The young child will never have in this type of chairs neither the safest position nor the right comfort for sleep, but we understand that the reasons can be multiple.
Here are some of the best known and safest models in this group:
Britax-Romer Advansafix IV R
The ADVANSAFIX IV R has been developed so that children from 9 to 36 kg and can travel safely and comfortably – ideal for every family. Due to the FLIP function & amp; GROW, you can go from the integrated 5-point harness to the 3-point seat belt as your child grows up with just a few simple steps. In addition, the ADVANSAFIX IV R offers maximum flexibility and protection for all ages due to its advanced safety features.
- EasyRecline is suitable for all ages and allows you to adjust the seat to three comfortable positions. Even with your child in the chair and without having to readjust the Top Tether – absolutely convenient for both the child and the parents.
Britax Römer patented ISOFIX Pivot Link system
- In the event of an impact, the patented ISOFIX Pivot Link system directs the force first down into the vehicle seat and then forward, more easily – greatly reducing the risk of injury to the head and neck of your child.
- We believe that a 5-point belt is the safest way to protect your child in a car seat because it will keep your child safe and tight inside the seat. In the event of a collision, the belt distributes the impact forces in 5 points, two at the shoulders, two at the hips and one between the legs. This will help and protect your child from all directions of impact.
High-performance breast pads
- Our new neoprene chest pillows fit comfortably on your baby’s chest. They help reduce the child’s movement in the event of a collision and add increased comfort to the 5-point belt. In addition, they can be easily removed for washing without disassembling the belt in 5 points.
- SecureGuard will help and protect the delicate area of the child’s abdomen by adding an extra point of contact – the 4th point of contact to the 3-point seat belt. By keeping the seat belt in optimal position over the child’s pelvic bones, SecureGuard helps reduce abdominal forces in the event of a frontal collision by up to 35% * and, at the same time, allows the child freedom of movement while traveling.
Britax Advansafix i-Size
Based on the awards won by Advansafix IV R, Advansafix i-Size is one step closer to safety. The fact that it was approved in the new i-Size approval standard (R129) and therefore tested to even stricter criteria, Advansafix i-Size also offers much better safety because now we can wear the belt in 5 points up to 21 kg, and the XP-PAD for older children when we give up the 5-point belt.
Maximum safety, every day!
The safety of your child is one of the most important criteria for us. Therefore, Advansafix i-Size has been developed and approved to the new i-Size approval standards (R129), and is equipped with advanced safety systems such as XP-PAD, Secure-Guard and SICT (side impact protection) all offering the better protection in case of any accident. Moreover, your child benefits from the safety offered by the 5-point belt for longer, so that the car seat has been designed to be used with this grip up to 21 kg.
15 months – 12 years – 76 – 150 cm
Installation in the direction of travel: 76 – 150 cm
EasyRecline is suitable for all ages and allows you to adjust the seat to three comfortable positions. Even with your child in the chair and without having to readjust the Top Tether – absolutely convenient for both the child and the parents.
ISOFIX Pivot Link system patented Britax Römer
In the event of an impact, the ISOFIX Pivot Link patented system directs the force first down into the vehicle seat and then forward more easily – greatly reducing the risk of head and neck injuries to your child.
We believe that a 5-point belt is the safest way to protect your child in a car seat because it will keep your child safe and tight inside the seat. In the event of a collision, the belt distributes the impact forces in 5 points, two at the shoulders, two at the hips and one between the legs. This will help and protect your child from all directions of impact.
High-performance chest pillows
Our new neoprene chest pillows fit comfortably on your child’s chest. They help reduce the child’s movement in the event of a collision and add increased comfort to the 5-point belt. In addition, they can be easily removed for washing without disassembling the belt in 5 points.
SecureGuard will help and protect the delicate area of the child’s abdomen by adding an additional point of contact – the 4th point of contact to the 3-point seat belt. By keeping the seat belt in optimal position over the child’s pelvic bones, SecureGuard helps reduce abdominal forces in the event of a frontal collision by up to 35% * and, at the same time, allows the child freedom of movement while traveling.
* Internal tests of Britax Römer with a Q6 manikin, representing an average child of 6 years
Advanced side impact protection – SICT
The SICT offers superior protection to your child in the event of a side collision. Reduces impact forces by minimizing the distance between the car and the car seat and deforms to absorb energy before reaching the child. For protection, simply adjust the SICT on the side of the car seat closest to the door.
Specially designed to control the movement of your child’s head, the V-shaped headrest provides optimal protection in the event of a side collision, while providing maximum comfort. In addition, the headrest and harness can be easily adjusted to fit the child’s height.
Thanks to its double anchor points, the V-Tether offers greater stability and safety for your child than a seat with conventional support ties. The V-Tether prevents the seat from rotating and reduces the child’s forward movement in the event of a collision. In addition, its unique stitch pattern is designed to break progressively in a controlled manner, absorbing the force of frontal impact.
GB Everna Fix
For older children: it adapts to the process of raising children, being suitable for children from 9 months to 12 years
Patented tilting headrest: keeps the little one’s head in a safe area, especially after falling asleep
Impact energy reduction technology: the forces resulting from a potential impact are minimized in the neck area
Integrated LSP system: optimal protection in case of a side impact
Tether top with installation check: for greater safety when installing the car seat
Listed as a car seat for older children, Everna-fix is the perfect car seat designed to evolve with the growing baby from 9 months to 12 years. Built with the strictest safety standards that all gb products benefit from, Everna-fix merges functionality with design to provide permanent safety during the years when the child is growing and developing.
Being a product for older children (it is not used from birth!), Everna-fix will be suitable for children aged between 9 months and 12 years.
The seat is mounted only facing the direction of travel. Clamping is done only in Iso-Fix and top tether. From 9 to 18 kg, you will have to use the 5-point seat belt to secure the child in the car seat. From 18 kg onwards (approximately 108 cm), the child will be able to use the seat with the help of the car’s seat belt. Everna-fix combines design with functionality to provide permanent safety and optimal support during the years when the little one develops the most.
The patented tilt headrest, a unique innovation of the gb brand, prevents the child’s head from tilting forward when he falls asleep while traveling by car. This technology is exceptional and unique, as it helps to fix the head and neck in a safe area, an area that is of utmost importance in the event of an impact.
ER-tech: energy reduction technology offers a maximum level of safety in the event of a frontal impact. This practical innovation limits the neck’s exposure to impact forces and reduces the risk of injury by up to 20%.
The L.S.P. integrated is an essential feature of the Everna-fix seat. Unfolded on the door side, the linear side protection system provides another level of safety in the event of a side impact, reducing the force of a potential side impact by approximately 25%.
The Top tether belt is equipped with an incorrect installation warning, a unique system that indicates whether the installation of this belt was done correctly. In combination with the attachment in the isofix system, the top tether prevents a lethal oscillation in case of an accident. Both attachment modes visually display the correct / incorrect installation, but the incorrect installation of the top tether triggers an audio warning, which leads to the 100% correct installation of the product in the car.
Maxi-Cosi Titan Pro
Recommended from 9 months to about 12 years (9-36 kg, height 67-150 cm).
Isofix system with 3-point fastening: this car seat is installed by connecting the two ISOFIX connectors and the TOP TETHER straps in the ISOFIX anchorage points of the vehicle.
• G-Cell side protection (honeycomb).
• AIR PROTECT technology for extra head protection.
• Innovative child restraint system with seat belts that halves the time to fasten it in the car seat.
2. Car seats with impact shield
It is a category of car seats that has stood out in recent years with good or very good results in impact tests (ADAC, OAMTC, Stiftung Warrentest).
Unfortunately, a poor documentation and an incorrect and biased retrieval of information by various groups on Social Media have decreased at least in our country the popularity of these seats in countries with very low mortality due to road accidents are widely used.
There is no official point of view of the specialists regarding which of the two types of seats: with their own belts or with an impact shield are safer because each of these types of child insurance has its advantages and disadvantages.
The only objective disadvantage that we noticed in the particular case of our country is the increased thermal discomfort during the summer (children can sweat more due to the impact shield), but also this impediment can be overcome if summer covers are used. made of towel type material.
Studies have shown that the correct rate of insurance of the child in the car seat with impact shield is much better than the insurance rate in the seats with their own seat belts.
From this category we present the latest model launched by Cybex, a brand that continues to manufacture seats with impact shield and that obtains very good results in safety tests, despite the opinions of “specialists” in Social Media.
Pallas G i-Size
For years, parents have chosen CYBEX Pallas car seats for the safety of their children. The latest model in the multi-award winning series, Pallas G i-Size offers over ten years of protection. This 2-in-1 chair grows with your child, providing optimal support for every stage of his development. In the first years of life, the improved protective shield provides increased protection, comfort and freedom of movement and makes the installation of the child in it fast and safe. The patented headrest helps support the child’s head in a protected position when he falls asleep during the trip. Pallas G i-Size is perfect for the next ten years, always ready to protect your loved ones.
40% mai puține leziuni la nivelul gâtului
The protective shield helps reduce the risk of neck injuries in the event of a frontal accident, providing superior protection compared to a classic fastening system. In the event of a frontal collision, the child’s body is propelled forward, rolling over the protective shield that acts like an airbag, distributing the impact force over its entire surface. This reduces tension on the vertebrae of the neck and protects the baby’s head.
Prevents the baby’s head from falling forward during sleep
The patented 3-position headrest prevents the child’s head from falling forward during sleep. The child’s head remains in the secure area of the car seat, providing optimal protection, especially in the event of a side impact. Its three reclining positions help to find the perfect position, making the little one relax and fall asleep.
3.Car seats with car seat belt fastening
This group includes the classic “back lifters”, models that we recommend more after the child reaches around the age of 5 years.
Here are some models from this group that we recommend in terms of the results obtained from impact tests and the comfort that passenger children have when traveling in this type of car seat.
BeSafe Izi Flex Fix
In the spring of 2018, ADAC confirmed the performance of the iZi Flex FIX i-Size car seat with the score “Good ”In all categories tested. It is the only car seat in the test, which managed to combine the extraordinary score of 1.2 on side impact with outstanding results in the category “space for the child” and “use of space in the car”. The winner of the prestigious Kind + Jugend Innovation award in the World of Traveling Kids ”category, BeSafe iZi Flex FIX i-Size is the ideal combination of safety, comfort and flexibility.
The new UN R129-02 (i-Size) regulation is welcome, the BeSafe iZi Flex FIX i-Size being the first car seat with backrest on the market, which fully complies with these new criteria. Developed for real-life situations, the BeSafe iZi Flex FIX i-Size protects small passengers with safety features that go beyond regulatory requirements.
- In accordance with the new UN regulations R129-02
- Pad + designed for additional chin and chest protection
- Locked position for ISOfix installation
- Side impact protection (SIP +)
- The guide of the transverse belt, respectively the abdominal belt offers the correct position
- Headrest designed for side visibility and sleep support
- Adjusting the height to increase with the small passenger
- Pad + “softens” the seat belt for extra comfort
- Tilt function (1 position)
- Integrated handle for easy transport
- Slim design – enough space
- Detachable side guards for installing 3 seats onthe back seat of the car
Britax-Romer KidFix III M
Taking your child’s comfort to new levels The elegant and comfortable KIDFIX III M expands our popular and successful KIDFIX range. With the new design and longer seating area, it offers more comfort for younger and taller children – even on longer trips. It also combines our proven SICT and SecureGuard safety features for excellent protection, ensuring the safety and comfort of children from 3.5 to 12 years old.
Ergonomically optimized seating area
- To provide maximum comfort, even for taller children, the seating area is about 20% larger than similar models. The improved shape and the extra-soft lining give a comfortable and ergonomic position for long journeys.
- SecureGuard helps protect the delicate area of your baby’s abdomen by adding an extra point of contact – the 4th point of contact to the 3-point seat belt. By keeping the seat belt in optimal position over the child’s pelvic bones, SecureGuard helps reduce abdominal forces in the event of a frontal collision by up to 35% * and, at the same time, allows the child freedom of movement while traveling.
* Internal tests of Britax Römer with a Q6 manikin, representing an average child of 6 years.
Advanced Side Impact Protection – SICT
- SICT offers superior protection to your child in the event of a side collision. Reduces impact forces by minimizing the distance between the table and the car seat and deforms to absorb energy before reaching the small one. For protection, simply adjust the SICT on the side of the car seat closest to the door.
Easily adjustable ergonomic headrest
- Our headrest is designed especially for older children, when you use the 3-point seat belt to secure them in the car seat. It can be easily adjusted to the correct position, just above your child’s shoulders, with one hand – even if they are sitting on a chair. In addition, the headrest is ergonomically designed to support the baby’s head when he falls asleep.
Easily adjustable V-shaped backrest
- Designed to provide optimal support for your growing children, the V-shaped backrest offers more space for your back and shoulders. In addition, the backrest automatically adjusts to fit the angle of the vehicle seat, providing a better position and a comfortable position for your child.
Maxi-Cosi Kore Pro
Maxi-Cosi Kore Pro i-Size is the first car seat that is equipped with a lamp through which your child can close himself. As soon as your child is seated, the lamp lights up and lights up for 20 seconds. Basically, this ClickAssist! The Maxi-Cosi Kore Pro i-Size car seat is suitable for children from 100 to 150 cm (3.5 to 12 years old).
The Maxi-Cosi Kore Pro i-Size car seat is equipped with SPS Plus. This means that your child’s shoulders and head are perfectly protected on the side. The width and height of the car seat can be adjusted with one hand so that your child’s body is always in a safe area.
The car seat is attached with Isofix. This makes the installation of the car seat particularly easy and safe. This minimizes the risk of incorrect assembly. The Maxi-Cosi Pro i-Size car seat is always used in the direction of travel. The car seat can also be attached with the car belt, but then this car seat no longer meets the i-size safety standard.
A premium temperature control case for the Maxi-Cosi Kore Pro i-Size car seat has been machined. The seat is particularly soft and comfortable due to the extra lining.
The Maxi-Core Pro i-Size car seat cover can be removed and washed in the washing machine, so that your child is always in a clean car seat.
- – Suitable for children from 3.5 to 12 years (100 to 150 cm)
- – SPS Plus: better side protection
- – Premium temperature control coverage
- – Adjustable in height and width with one hand
- – Isofix for fast and strong attachment
- – Removable and washable cover
- – Comfortable chair with extra lining
- – Comply with strict i-Size safety regulations
This 15-36 kg Isofix Diono Monterey 2CXT Fix Car Seat is a 2 in 1 car seat with backrest and car lift, recommended for children weighing 15-36 kg (160 cm).
The absolute innovation in the range of seats in group 2-3, Monterey, is a car seat provided with an ISOFAST connector system that attaches to the car’s Isofix system for a better fit.
The ISOFAST patented system consists of two special connectors that attach to the Isofix system and thus secure the attachment of the car seat to the rear seat of the vehicle.
- Integrated seat belt guide in the headrest to permanently ensure the correct position of the seat belt.
• The patented ISOFAST connector system secures the car seat to the rear seat of the vehicle.
• Secure grip of the car seat (the seat does not slide off the seat when the child is not in the car).
• Side Impact Protection with EPS foam – patented shock absorption system in case of side impact.
• Adjustable, aluminum-reinforced side walls that provide excellent side impact protection.
• Special protection for the cervical area and the head area.
• Positioning in the car: Facing the direction of travel.
- Adjustable headrest in 11 positions (grows with your child).
• 2 folding positions of the backrest.
• Retractable cup holders to keep drinks or snacks upright and handy.
• The base of the seat has been designed with extra depth for more comfort and to prevent children from slipping and is lined with memory foam.
- Detachable and washable cover in the washing machine at a temperature of 30 degrees.
• Built-in cup holder.
• Can be used as a lifter – for children weighing between 22 – 36 kg.
• Revolutionary EPS foam system for damping vibrations and shock by side impact.
These are some of the models in this age category.
We recommend that you always test the seat on the car and with the little one present to make the right choice.
In Child Safety Centers in Constanta and Bucharest you can find a wide range of impact tested car seats in the age group 4-12 years.